50 is just the beginning.

50 is just the beginning.

Friday, February 26, 2016

Reading Reading and more reading!!!!

I have set a goal this year to read 50 books.... That is about a book a week.  I think I should be able to accomplish that.  But I don't want it to be just any book.  I really want to read a variety of books and challenge myself to read things I wouldn't normally read. I am always looking for suggestions.... so if there is anything that you think I need to read please let me know.  You can track my progress on Good Reads.   I am currently reading my 9th book for the year.   I didn't really start until the end of January, so I have to make up for lost time.   Goodreads is a great app for readers.   It helps keep track of what you have read, what you want to read and what your friends are reading.

I read a couple of books last week  that I didn't write reviews on so here are two mini reviews:

Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider

Young Adult Lit... similar in story line to Fault in Our Stars.... I would put this at 14+ age group.  A quick read that is about a group of kids who are put in a boarding school after an untreatable case of TB breaks out.   Told from the point of view of the two main characters,  it is a romantic tragedy.

At The Water's Edge by Sara Gruen

Fiction... author of Water for Elephants..  this is essentially a story of mystery, adventure, scandal and love.   The love story kind of sneaks up on you which make it sweet and endearing.   Set in the highlands of Scotland, this story is centered around the search for the Loch Ness Monster.   But it is about so much more than that.  I thoroughly enjoyed this book.   While I wouldn't put it in the category of the best literature I have ever read, it was entertaining and engaging.  If you are looking for a good "story" this is a book for you.  

I am on to my next book.... pushing myself to read some non-fiction which has historically been my least favorite genre.   I chose a book based on something that was suggested on Pintrest.  Apparently Pintrest knows me pretty well because although it is slow going, I am enjoying this book.  I am sure to write a review on it when I am done with it. 

After non-fiction, I will have to go back to fiction for awhile... but might try out some poetry or perhaps a biography and definitely some classics.   Please send me suggestions or become my friend on Good Reads so I can see what you are reading.  

If you don't read, you are really missing out.  It brings me great joy.  I ran a book club for 15 years, and recently  I have been missing it.   Everybody just got to busy to meet.  If you are ever looking for a good suggestion of what to read, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment