Nineteen hours of geek fueled viewing bliss....... Harry Potter 1,2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 7.2 back to back. Add twelve teenagers and one crazy mom. Recipe for success. I learned a lot in those 19 hours.
1. Gabby has the most amazing group of friends. They are polite, intelligent, artistic overachievers who also know how to have fun. I enjoyed their company immensely. Made me realize how much I will miss all of them when they leave for college next year. They didn't seem to care how geeky a HP marathon was. They logged into their HP accounts and talked about what houses they were in and what their patronus was. We had lots of Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws and couple Gryffindors. No Slytherins were in attendance. These are kids with great manners who are ready to take on the world. I cannot say enough about how awesome they are.
2. Teenagers don't really watch movies. They spend a lot of time on their phones....sometimes fact checking the screenplay..sometimes playing each other in games. They watch enough of it to comment from time to time, but they spend just as much time harassing each other about their scores and who is on the leader board. They also text in a group chat although they are all in the same room.
3, Teenage kids eat a lot.
4. There are a fair amount of people who dislike Ron Weasley. One in particular was very vocal about her dislike of both Ron and Ginny Weasley. I think that in her ideal world, Harry and Hermione belong together and Ron and Ginny just got in the way.
5. Matthew Q and Jackson are the same mental age. They shared their favorite YouTube videos and giggled like 11 year old boys.
6. Even18 year olds get excited about trying butter beer. It was a little sweet for my taste, but the kids seemed to like it.
7. Gabby Lee would do just about anything to keep me from showing her friends the video of her 3rd grade talent show!
7.2 I am not designed to pull an all-nighter. I wasn't in college, and I am not now. I adore my sleep, but I wouldn't have changed a thing. I got to spend valuable time with my girl and her friends. I would lose sleep again to have that opportunity.
I guess the moral of the story is that if your child asks for something crazy like this, do it. The time spent together is something you will value forever. I guess I am getting greedy with the time I have left with her before she goes off to college. And Harry Potter is awesome.... skip the credits and you can watch them all in 19 hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment